Sunday, May 6, 2012

Can I run 2 different graphic cards?

I know this question has most probably been answered but I don't feel like scrolling through pages of answers to find out.

I have a Radeon ATI 5670 in my computer and I want to know if I can put a Nvidea GT220 in the same computer?

A simple yes or no will suffice, but if you could explain why or why not that would be great.

Thanks in advance.|||Yes, assuming you have 2 or more PCI Express x16 slots on your motherboard.



The cards would have to run different monitors, their video power can't be added together.|||Yes absolutely, providing you have the following



1) enough power to be able to supply both of these graphics cards at once

2) enough cooling for both the graphics cards (I would suggest water cooling or quite a few fans)

3) enough room for a secondary monitor

4) enough PCI express x16 slots on your motherboard.

5)Enough processing power to play games that require that amount of dedicated RAM



any questions give me a message =]|||Rhyled is correct. As long as you're running Windows XP or Windows 7, two cards will work together. Vista seemed to remove the ability to have two different graphics cards working together in one machine.



Syntax is wrong as, I currently have an Ati 5870 and Geforce 8800GT running inside my machine right now!|||No, You Can Have 2 Graphics Cards In The Same Computer, But They Need To Be The Same Type.

No comments:

Post a Comment