Sunday, May 6, 2012

My computer randomly enters Power Saving mode when playing games such as Rift. Help?

So when I'm playing rift, my computer makes a weird sound and enters power saving mode all of a sudden. I play on the lowest graphics settings possible. I am not lagging or anything like that, and I can play other games like World of Warcraft on ultra quality without problems.



Anyone know how I can solve this?



My computer has 6GB RAM and my graphics card is NVIDIA Geforce GT220

The system is windows 7 64-bit.|||Click on Start | Control Panel | Power Options.



In the Power Option properties window, click on the Power Schemes Tab



Set the Turn off Monitor/ Turn off Hard Disks option when on Power (and also Battery for laptop users) to Never.



Now click on the Save as... button and assign a name to it.|||I would assume it would have to do with overheating or your settings. If it's your settings all you have to do is go into your system preferences and change the settings, but if it's overheating you may have to get another fan or two in your computer to cool it down and avoid overheating. It goes into power saving mode because when it gets to hot it has to stop running and cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment