Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Nvidia GT220 can't be detected by my pc. checked my dxdiag and go to display tab and everything is n/a.?

My Nvidia GT220 can't be detected by my pc. checked my dxdiag and go to display tab and everything is n/a. it was working this morning then I bought new 2GB RAM. turned off my pc put my newly bought RAM then restart my pc, then suddenly aero is not working so i checked my dxdiag and I saw my video card is not detected. checked my video card inside and the fan is working properly.



turned off again my pc then open it, took off the video card then placed it again then check the connections then put them together, turned on my pc still having the problem,



please answer ASAP :( THANKS!|||what's your operating system, 32 or 64bit? how much ram do you have totally after installing the new 2GB stick?



most likely the new ram caused a double assignment of memory addresses, as the video ram of the GT220 is assigned to addresses between 3 and 4GB.



if you have a 64bit OS uninstalling and reinstalling of the video driver might help. if you have a 32bit OS you cannot install more than about 2.5GB of ram.|||if you have a GT220 with 1GB video ram and 3GB of system memory, the total address range of 4GB is still exceeded because there are other devices using memory addresses for control buffers and registers. if you have a GT220 with 512MB it should work.

Report Abuse


|||install the drivers needed for that specific video card. it comes in the box when you bought the video card. if you still have problems, just search for the driver online and be sure its the real thing...|||Search up "Install nvidia drivers" and click on the nvidia site and go from there. You may of just messed with something or got it knocked loose (just maybe?). If all else fails go to your local electronics store. I hope you get it fixed.|||go to www.nvidia.com click downloads and choose your video card and OS. download and install updated drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment