Friday, April 27, 2012

Is GeForce gt220 good for my PC?

I'm thinking of buying Geforce gt 220 with 1gb memory for my ECS 945G-M3 motherboard with 1gb RAM and a dual core processor @ 1.80 Ghz. I'm using Windows XP SP3.

What do you think about this? Any other suggestions?

And don't say nothing about my PC, I know it's pretty old myself!|||For any type of real gaming, I'd recommend you upgrade your RAM as well to at least 2 GB.



If this is just to watch video or play casual games, then you should be fine with 1GB of RAM, but consider eventually upgrading to 2GB. RAM is pretty cheap nowadays.



Make sure your power supply is up to par before you make the upgrade. The GT 220 doesn't use very much power (about 40W), but if your system is already stressed, it can push the power supply to failure by adding a video card. Be safe and err on the side of caution. The last thing you want is a smoking, popping, crackling, or worse, fiery, power supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment