Thursday, April 26, 2012

Which is the better graphics card? ATI Radeon 4650 1 GB or nVIDIA Geforce GT220?

Please give ample evidence to support your position. (Links would be nice)|||When you have a company(nvidia) that is continually trying to screw the other(amd/ati) by tricking game developers into putting snippets of code into a game that specifically breaks it on the others hardware... it's no wonder there are patches to fix things. And that is basically what the "The Way it's Meant to be Played" program basically does. Do a little searching, nvidia has been getting a lot of bad press lately. Personally I like ATI, but I'm no fanboi. If you are even looking at cards this crappy then I'm going to assume that it's for an HTPC?

If so the ATI card is a better choice. It has an onboard audio chip that passes audio through the hdmi port without having to hook up any more cables.

As far as I know, you have to hook up a sp/dif pass through cable to get the nvidia card to do the same thing. And that other dudes links even tell you the 220 is a loud POS, so I don't see how that supports his claim....|||Personally I would go with the GT220 because I've had bad experiences with all my older ATI graphic cards eventually dying on me after prolonged use.



GT220:

fillrate:

Pixel (5 GP/s) Texture (10 GT/s)



clock rate:

Core (615 or 625 MHz) Shader (1335 or 1360 MHz) Memory (1000 or 1580MHz)



ATI 4650:

fillrate:

Pixel (4.8 or 5.2 GP/s) Texture (19.2 or 20.8 GT/s)



clock rate:

Core (600 or 650 MHz)

Memory (500 or 700 or 900 MHz)|||I don't know about the specs on those cards, I just know that when I see the details on a game patch it always seems like their trying to fix things on Radeon cards. You might want to look into that first and foremost. Compatibility to me always trumps the nitty gritty of what hardware can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment